Waterford – New London, CT & RI Nursing Malpractice Injury Lawyers
Nurses occupy a special place in our society: they take care of us when we are too sick to care for ourselves. We know they are only human, and the law allows them to make some mistakes. But other mistakes cross the line from human error to malpractice. By definition, nursing malpractice causes terrible injuries and can even be fatal. After a life–changing injury, Polito & Harrington can help you prepare for the future.
Some Common Forms of Nursing Malpractice In CT & RI
Nurses have many responsibilities, all of which are essential to the health and welfare of their patients. Serious consequences can result from mistakes and oversights involving any of the following:
- Wrong Medication: Medicines only help when administered to the patient who need it and in the correct amount. Medication errors can be catastrophic and even fatal.
- Compartment Syndrome: If a nurse punctures a vein while delivering an injection or IV, blood can be released into the surrounding muscles. If it continues unchecked, the increased pressure could lead to paralysis or even amputation.
- Falls: Helping people move is a major part of what nurses do. When the infirm fall, they are often unable to catch themselves. Patients can fall while walking, or fall out of bed, they can suffer broken bones or worse.
- MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus): MRSA is a drug–resistant “super bug” that attacks anyone whose immune system is weak. MRSA and other infections found in hospitals travel from patient to patient via nurses who don’t wash their hands.
- Infections from Bedsores: Bedridden patients must be turned regularly to prevent bedsores. Bedsores can become infected – devastating for a patient who is already ill.
We will work hard to hold people and companies responsible for injuries caused by their carelessness.
How We Can Help You
If you or a loved one were harmed by a nurse’s error, you should call a CT or RI nursing malpractice injury lawyer even if you are not sure it was malpractice. For a free consultation at Polito & Harrington in Waterford, Connecticut, call 1.860.447.3300 or contact us online today. Personable, attentive, approachable advocates, CT & RI nursing malpractice lawyers, Humbert Polito and James Harrington will respond promptly to any questions or concerns.
We are proud of our long record of successful personal injury verdicts and settlements in CT & RI, achieved for the benefit of our clients.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
*Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Polito & Harrington – Serving Connecticut, Rhode Island, Mashantucket Pequot Tribe and Mohegan Tribe