Waterford – New London, CT Personal Injury Lawyer
Waterford – New London, Connecticut (CT) Personal Injury Lawyer
Phone: (860) 447-3300
Fax: (860) 447-3389
They say if you love your job, you will never work a day in your life. I don’t believe that. I believe that if you really love your job, you’ll pour your blood, sweat and tears into your work. You’ll work your hardest each and every day until they shut off the lights. If you love your job, it’s not something you do, it’s who you are.
JAMES M. HARRINGTON is passionate about representing individuals and families who have been injured in personal injury, wrongful death and malpractice cases. James takes seriously the role he plays in being a voice for those seeking just compensation from negligent individuals, corporations and the insurance companies that protect them.
Over his career, James has successfully tried and recovered millions for clients who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, wrongful death claims, product liability, motorcycle accidents, medical and professional malpractice, negligent security actions, accidents caused by distracted or drunk drivers and bicycle crashes. James has also handled appeals before the United States Supreme Court, Connecticut Supreme Court, and Connecticut Appellate Court.
James also practices casino & tribal law, representing clients whose injuries occurred at either of Connecticut’s two casinos, Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods. James argued before the Connecticut Supreme Court on the issue of tribal sovereign immunity in Lewis v. Clarke. The case was ultimately appealed to the United States Supreme Court wherein a landmark unanimous ruling the Court adopted the legal argument advanced by James thereby changing tribal law nationwide. James’s work has garnered him recognition both in Connecticut and nationwide. More on the Lewis v. Clarke case here.
- 2018: Received a professional excellence award from the Connecticut Law Tribune, who recognized James’s work as having changed the legal landscape.
- 2018: Named by Western New England Law School, as it’s “Ascending Alumni” for 2018
- 2018: Elected to the Board of Governors for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- 2013-2018: Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine, an honor given to only 2.5% of the lawyers in the state.
- 2014-2019: Listed by the National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Connecticut
- 2015: Named by Connecticut Law Tribune as one of the New Leaders in the Law
- 2014: Member of the Litigation Department of Year, as named by the Connecticut Law Tribune.
In his spare time James is an avid triathlete and endurance athlete. James has competed in numerous Ironman distance triathlons and marathons. James understands the discipline and preparation needed to go the distance and he brings that mentality to every case he handles.
United States Supreme Court
U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court at Foxwoods & Mohegan Gaming Disputes and Tribal Court
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association,
- Board of Governors
- Member of the General Tort Committee
- Panelist: Preparing for your first trial; Deposition Tactics; Strategies for Trial Prep and several presentations before the Annual Meeting
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- New London County Bar Association
Areas of Practice:
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Personal Injury Cases (CT):
- Car accident injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Injuries caused by dogs and other animals, dog bites
- Truck and tractor trailer accident injuries
- Motorcycle accident injuries
- Traumatic brain injury, mild TBI
- Spinal cord injuries
- Bicycle accident injuries
Medical Malpractice Cases (CT):
- Surgical errors
- Birth injuries
- Failure to diagnose
- Infections, MRSA
- Medication errors
Nursing Homes Injuries & Neglect Cases (CT):
- Bed sores
- Medication errors
- Elder abuse
- Misconduct with elders
Sexual Misconduct Cases (CT):
- Priests and Ministers
- School Teachers
- School Coaches
- Extended Statute of Limitations
Product Liability Cases (CT):
- Defective design
- Defects in manufacturing
- Failure to provide adequate guards
- Failure to warn of dangers and defects
Business Litigation Cases (CT):
- CUTPA (Connecticut Unfair Trade Practice)
- Breach of Contract
- Tortious Interference with business and contracts
- Connecticut Trade Secrets