Board Certified Trial Lawyer- What is it?
To be a board certified trial lawyer, the attorney must:
1) Try a certain number of cases to verdict;
2) Take a specific number of depositions where testimony is given under oath;
3) Receive the recommendation of judges before whom the attorney has tried cases;
4) Receive the recommendations of attorneys against whom the lawyer has tried cases;
5) Pass an exam in the specific field of law in which the attorney practices and is seeking certification, for example, negligence law.
Why should you care if your personal injury attorney is board certified? It tells you that the attorney has gained a certain level of proficiency in an area of law and practice.