PERSONAL INJURY SETTLEMENTS & VERDICTS
Since its beginning in 2002, Polito & Associates has resolved over 1500 personal injury cases in CT & RI on behalf of its clients through settlement, verdict or arbitration. Below is a small sample of cases which Polito & Associates, the personal injury firm of Waterford – New London, CT has handled.
- Lewis v. Clarke, a Supreme Court case
- $3 Million settlement, distracted driving causing a double fatality crash
- $775,000 tribal court settlement, lumbar fusion as a result of a motor vehicle accident involving a limousine owned by a casino.
- $400,000 tribal court mediation result, lumbar fusion as a result of a slip and fall at casino restaurant.
- $275,000 settlement, torn meniscus as a result of a motor vehicle accident involving drunk driver.
- $212,000 mediation result, ambulance driver who sustained a head injury as a result of a fall on ice at a health care facility.
- $150,000 settlement, broken leg as a result of a motor vehicle accident with a drunk driver.
- $120,000 tribal court settlement, torn rotator cuff due to an assault on casino owned shuttle bus.
- $1,190,000 judgment against manufacturer of fuel additives for improper labeling of product resulting in a two vehicle accident. Plaintiff sustained significant traumatic brain injury.
- $1,050,000.00 settlement with drunk driver and social host. Plaintiff underwent cervical fusion and care for a broken bone in the foot.
- $238,000.00 settlement for slip and fall resulting in lumbar fusion.
- $6.4 million settlement, architect and engineering malpractice. Fall from commercial roof – spinal cord injury.
- $2.8 million verdict, breach of contract; Unfair business practice. (CUTPA)
- $150,000.00 settlement, slip and fall on ice and snow – broken leg.
- $2 million settlement, auto accident – traumatic brain injury.
- $95,000 arbitration award, auto accident – shoulder injury.
- $875,000 settlement, nursing malpractice. Death of gravely disabled woman in temporary care of State of Connecticut.
- $500,000 settlement nursing malpractice, nursing home. Development of bed sores.
- $302,000 arbitration award, slip and fall in a hotel, torn rotator cuff.
- $650,000 settlement, product liability, fall prevention device failure, foot and ankle reconstruction.
- $670,000 settlement with the State of Connecticut, fallen roadside tree on car, disc herniation and surgical repair.
- $4 million settlement, hospital based infection resulting in wrongful death.
- $800,000 settlement, motorcyclist struck by car, foot and ankle fractures and reconstruction.
- $3,250,000 settlement auto collision resulting in wrongful death.
- $1,750,000 settlement, product liability, seat back failure, spinal cord injury.
- $525,000 boating negligence causing collision with swimmer, head and back injury.
Our experience has taught us that each personal injury case is unique. Therefore, past results do not predict future outcomes.